The 22nd round of Small Grants opens for applications on the 3rd August.
For this round, prevention of and protection against Covid-19 for health workers, patients and their families will be included as crosscutting issues across all the funding priorities. This round we are therefore accepting applications for work designed to allow services to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic, as outlined in bold below.
Priority for this round is given to the following, in no particular order:
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa. For this round, training in dealing with Covid-19, including prevention, containment, referral and use of PPE, will also be considered.
- Equipment for patients (e.g. beds, wheelchairs). For this round, equipment may also include PPE for staff and patients, or any other equipment to support palliative care patients during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Projects supporting paediatric palliative care services.
- Palliative care Essential Medicines. For this round, medicines and equipment may include that intended to ensure the safety of patients and staff including PPE; masks, aprons, gowns, face shields, temperature guns, hand sanitiser, soap etc.
- Capital improvement costs. For this round, capital improvement costs may include the adaptation of existing spaces to ensure the safety of staff and patients during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Developing small palliative care projects. For this round, applications for the costs of adapting existing projects and services in light of Covid-19 will also be considered.
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas. For this round, applications for work on sensitising palliative care patients and communities about Covid-19 will be considered. We will also consider applications towards the costs of airtime or virtual visiting for palliative care patients.
Please note, applicants to this round must also confirm that they are operating within the WHO road map for Covid-19 and / or their National Guidelines regarding Covid-19.
To learn more, or to apply, please go to the How to Apply page.